If you’re like many homeowners, you like what you see on HGTV and in home décor magazines, and you may even try to emulate a style. However, once you have your home looking like a magazine spread, you discover that you don’t love it. This is likely because the style is just not you. explain the most common trending styles and provide tips for how to choose the best look for your home and personality.
Trending Home Décor Styles
The best way to discover your own style is to learn about the various trends and how they differ from one another. Some of the top styles today are as follows:
- Bohemian Chic: Boho-chic style embraces free expression, colorful collections and unconventional displays. This trend is all about individuality.
- Coastal: Coastal style is charming and relaxing, as it’s meant to emulate everything one loves about being on vacation, such as the sun, the sand, and the surf.
- Cottage: Like coastal style, cottage style in cozy and charming. However, this trend utilizes warmer colors, as opposed to the brighter colors of the sea.
- Industrial: Industrial style utilizes repurposed and recycled materials to create an edgy yet primitive feel.
- Modern: Modern style incorporates crisp, clean lines, simple color palettes and unassuming materials, such as glass, steel, and metal.
Find the Style That Is Right for You
Now that you know about a few of the more popular décor trends, you may want to know how to select the one that is right for you. Though this is easier said than done, there are a few simple tips you can use to find your own personal style:
- Start a Pinterest board and use it as a gathering spot for images that appeal to you. Review it every so often to see if you’re drawn to the same images.
- Purchase an “anchor piece” around which to style the rest of the room.
- Design a vignette with a few pieces that you think you love. After living with it for a week or so, assess how you feel about the times.
The best way to find your personal style, however, is to work with an interior designer Brentwood. Contact us today to discuss your ideas.